CUS Seed Grant
In 2019, the Centre for Urban Studies launches three rounds of seed-grant calls to support and facilitate research initiatives of CUS’ research staff, both permanent and temporary (PhDs, Post Docs).
The grants are provided to assist our members in their work, to foster an interdisciplinary dialogue, and to stimulate original research in the field of Urban Studies. The seed-grants aim to bring different people together to discuss ongoing research (e.g. PhD), or to create a platform to develop and/or get additional feedback on research proposals. We especially appreciate initiatives that: bring together academic research and work on Urban Studies from different disciplines and programme groups within CUS, enable exchange and collaborations between researchers from CUS and researchers from abroad, facilitate a dialogue between academic researchers and stakeholders in the city of Amsterdam. Proposals involving PhD students or aiming at developing new research proposals are also particularly welcomed.
Examples of projects to be considered for funding are:
- Joint workshops between different programme groups or disciplines;
- Activities reinforcing international collaborations;
- Small scale pilot studies leading to research grant applications;
- Different podia to discuss joint research proposals;
- Outreach projects with the City of Amsterdam or other stakeholders (e.g., public debates, panel discussions).
Besides financial support, the Centre for Urban Studies will help with the practical organization and communication of the awarded initiatives.
The last call for applications in 2017 closed in September. Applications for the 7th round of Seed Grants open early 2018.