prof. dr. M. (Maria) Kaika
Faculty of Social and Behavioural Sciences
GPIO : Urban Planning
Nieuwe Achtergracht 166 Room number: C.4.17
1001 NC Amsterdam
- Kaika, M. (2017). 'Don’t call me resilient again!' The New Urban Agenda as immunology … or ... what happens when communities refuse to be vaccinated with ‘smart cities’ and indicators. Environment and Urbanization, 29(1), 89-102. DOI: 10.1177/0956247816684763 [details]
- Kaika, M. (2017). Between compassion and racism: How the biopolitics of neoliberal welfare turns citizens into affective ‘idiots’. European Planning Studies, 25(8), 1275-1291. DOI: 10.1080/09654313.2017.1320521 [details]
- Calvário, R., Velegrakis, G., & Kaika, M. (2017). The Political Ecology of Austerity: An Analysis of Socio-environmental Conflict under Crisis in Greece. Capitalism, Nature, Socialism, 28(3), 67-87. DOI: 10.1080/10455752.2016.1260147 [details]
- Kaika, M., & Karaliotas, L. (2016). “Athens’ Syntagma Square Re-loaded: from staging disagreement towards instituting democratic spaces”. In J. Hou, & S. Knierbein (Eds.), City Unsilenced: Urban Resistance and Public Space in the Age of Shrinking Democracy London: Routledge.
- Kaika, M., & Ruggiero, L. (2016). Land Financialization as a 'lived' process: The transformation of Milan's Bicocca by Pirelli. European Urban and Regional Studies, 23(1), 3-22.
- Garcia Lamarca, M., & Kaika, M. (2016). Mortgaged lives: the biopolitics of debt and housing financialisation. Transactions - Institute of British Geographers, 41(3), 313-327.
- Swyngedouw, E., & Kaika, M. (2016). Re-Naturing Cities: Great Promises, Deadlock … and New Beginnings? In K. Archer, & B. Kris (Eds.), Handbook of Cities and the Environment (pp. 42-64). Cheltenham: Edward Elgar.
This list of publications is extracted from the UvA-Current Research Information System. Questions? Ask the library or the Pure staff of your faculty / institute. Log in to Pure to edit your publications. Log in to Personal Page Publication Selection tool to manage the visibility of your publications on this list.
University of Manchester
Supervisory Board Member